Parade Applications Closed
The 2021 Parade Application Form is now closed
Want to Build and Enter Your Float?
Click to learn more about rules, best practices, and resources to help you.
Parade applications for the 2021 parade
Thank you for your interest in participating in this year's Pacific Palisades Fourth of July Parade, produced by PAPA and our parade coordinator, Pageantry.
Our parade accepts entries for musical units, equestrians, floats, marching units and vehicles for local and visiting areas. Any commercial entry—defined as any entry representing or advertising a for-profit business—must purchase a sponsorship package of $750 or above to be eligible for participation. More information about sponsorship packages is available here.
All entries must be approved by the Parade Committee. Any deviation from parade rules and requirements (detailed below), must be approved by the Parade Committee prior to the acceptance of the parade application. The Parade Committee has the sole authority to approve or decline any application, at its sole discretion, for any reason. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final.
Before completing the application form, please review the following information regarding parade entries:
- All entry applications (including any required fees and insurance certificates) must be submitted by June 1, 2021
- Health & Safety regulations and protocols must be followed at all times
- All participants must be uniformed, costumed or appropriately attired
- The Parade Committee does not accept entries advocating specific political and social viewpoints.
- FORWARD motion must be maintained at all times along the parade route. Penalties will be enforced for stopping along the parade route and in the television and/or announcing areas.
- AT NO TIME IS ANY UNIT ALLOWED TO HAND OUT OR THROW ANYTHING ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE
- No shooting of firearms, nor sirens or loud noises that interfere with other units is permitted
- All entries must fit a classification
- The Parade Committee accepts no responsibility for false statements made by applicants or entrants
- All equestrians and motorized entries must supply a certificate of insurance at time of application, valid through July 5
- Floats must be self-propelled
- No one under the age of 9 will be permitted to participate without an accompanying guardian
- Violations of any of the above rules is grounds for disqualification and removal from the parade
- Equestrians must be in position by 1:15 p.m.
- Floats must be in position by 1:00 p.m.
- Parade will start promptly at 2:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us.
To help defray our costs, all participants other than musical and equestrian units are required to submit an application fee. Local Services Organizations $75, Local Non-Profits $250, Commercial Entries $750. Payment by Zelle to PalisasdesParade@gmail.com or via PayPal »
Consistent with health and safety protocols, we'll do all this in an environment that promotes social distancing and facemask requirements at the time.
Sunday, July 4th 2021